Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Yarn Along

Ok I know I said I would post something other than knitting, but alas I have been too busy! So here it is again, my works in progress! I had to tear out my longies three times, change my yarn and watch a tutorial on youtube to figure out what I was doing wrong! I am pleased to report that I figured it out and have already done the kitchener stitch in the gusset-which isn't perfect because I was trying to do it with a fussy baby distracting me! But I did it and it turned out good enough! I also learned how to do proper short rows-gotta love youtube! However after doing them I realized that there is a trick when doing them in the round-so I will learn that next time I knit this pattern!
I don't have a picture, but I made my mom some lovely pot holders out of the Luna yarn for mothers day as well as a bath puff for my cousin-I love the colors still and I just love working with cotton!
As far as reading goes, I picked up a copy of Maryjane's Farm magazine last week and read that and I also just started reading a book off my shelf about Florence Nightingale. It is pouring rain here this week, so I actually might get some knitting, reading, housework, sewing etc done this week!
I had to take a picture of my recent garage sale find-a beautiful oak highchair-I'm so in love!!!

Be sure to visit Ginny's Yarn Along to see what all the other ladies are working on and reading!








No comments: