Wednesday, July 4, 2012

yarn along and a surprise!

I missed the last two yarn alongs because we have had our hands full lately! We've been working on finishing up our chicken coop, we had a baby girl with the measles-or so they think, and we have had to stay in my parents basement for the last week because of an extreme mosquito problem in our house *sigh* So needless to say we have been busy, however I did manage to cast on a new project-I am doing another pair of longies for Olivia-in the next size up, and in the sweetest butter yellow yarn!!!

As for reading-I have been reading up on poultry-researching organic feed sources and mixes for mixing our own, unfortunately it is really hard to find a local source for organic feed-the closest being two and a half hours away...
In other news
I am so exicted to show you my pics this week, because a couple weeks ago we went to a heritage breed show and sale, and came home with 6 exhibition quality buff orpington chicks, they are about 10 weeks old now we think and I just LOVE them!!! And we also came home with two  bunnies because we brought our little guy with us and he was so upset when we put the chickens in the carrier and not any bunnies-so we brought home two! 
And I got the call this morning that our 50 hatchery chicks (also buff orps) are in at the feed store and we get to pick them up this morning!! So more pics to follow soon!!

So without further ado I am linking up with Ginny  for her weekly yarn along!

                                                                 Flopsy and Mopsy




                                                               Poor little measles girl
                                                           And the sweet longies!

1 comment:

Tina Marie said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. I have to bookmark your blog and take a look around. So far it looks really great. I would love to homestead, but it is not my husband's thing, so the suburbs is where we will always be.

If you don't mind me asking, what longies pattern are you using? I love longies, but am not very patient when it comes to knitting. I knit smaller projects that are quick to whip up and spend most of my crafting time behind the sewing machine.

Take care.