Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Yarn Along!

Well its been awhile since I posted, fall is such a busy time of year!!
So here are my current works in progress, both milo vests!
I made the wine colored one in the 12 month size but extended the length per the moms request
It is for our dear friends little girl for her 1st birthday! I was so pleased with how it turned out-my first milo, and my first attempt at cables. I was pretty pleased with myself I have to say! And cables were not as hard as i thought they would be!
The little blue one is for our new violin teachers little boy-his name is River... they are outdoorsy, eclectic kind of people and she loves hand knittted things, so I thought I would make one for him. I am knitting it in the 9 month size, as he was a ten pound baby, so it should fit him over the winter, and I am using the owl cable, which I think is just so sweet!
As for reading, I forgot to take a picture but I have been reading a Walm*rt find, a book on how to make your own cloth diapers, with a bunch of pics and styles etc, and I am reading Kisses from Katie, I follow this amazing young women's blog, and was so excited to buy her book at my local christian book store! What an incredible story of faith, it is such a good book! I highly recommend it!
Well that is all for now, I leave you with the knitting pics, oh and don't forget to head over to Ginny's to see what others are working on!
Blessings!
Erin




1 comment:

flyingjen said...

The little vests you've made are beautiful. Both little ones will be toasty warm in your cold winters. Alberta is one of my most favorite places.