Monday, December 3, 2012

The birthday tea party!

Julianna has been asking for a tea party birthday for awhile now, so this year I thought ok-we can do this! I am pretty proud of how it all turned out! The girls were all required to dress in their favorite fancy dresses ( and to bring a change of clothes for going outside).
I have to admit that I searched pinterest for some idea's as I am not that creative when it comes to the finer details! There sure are some elaborate party decor's out there!
We went with a pink/yellow/white theme, the table was set with 7 different mini tea sets, I made mini cupcakes, mini sugar cookies ( I had lots of help decorating them!) little jam heart sandwiches and jelly pinwheels. They had apple cinnamon tea, and were able to serve themselves cream and sugar. I explained to them how high tea started in England, and why people still enjoy it today. Then Julianna served all her guests, and they chatted away! It was quite cute! My girls also bought Olivia a little plastic tea set so she could participate in the tea party! She was sooo cute!
Once they were done tea, they played downstairs (by the way this is all taking place at my parents house across the yard from us as we don''t have room in this little cottage!)
Then after awhile they all went outside to join the boys and men for a sleigh ride. Les and my dad had hooked up both teams and so they had two sleighs going, which always makes for lots of fun as they chase eachother, play catch up and try pushing eachother off lol! After everyone came in and warmed up, we served an early supper, and a bunch more appetizers and junk food!
All in all I think it was a very successful party, and the girls were so thrilled with how it worked out-which of course makes me happy!
So here are a few party pics-not as many as I would like, because my sd card was full!!! Gahhh!
These first two are the morning before the party-Olivia with her new tea set!


The girls were pretty happy with the decor, Les and I were up till midnight the night before to finish decorating!


With one of the cute cousins!



All gone mama! Where`s more!

No comments: