Saturday, December 8, 2012

Three new additions to the homestead!

Technically they were born two weeks ago-however, they are sooo tiny and naked and their mothers will eat them if we disturb them at all, that we haven`t actually seen them until today!
Baby bunnies!!!
There are three, two black and one honey colored. They are sooo soft and sweet and cute and oh I am gushing lol! I LOVE baby bunnies!
The girls were delighted today when they went out to feed and water them, and to their surprise three little balls of fluff hopped around chasing each other! They came running to the house to tell me all about them! Then begged me to come see ( of course I was going to anyway!)
Seriously-there is no cuter baby than a baby bunny!
As soon as it warms up I will go take a picture of them! So stay tuned for major  cuteness!

In other homesteading news, we loaded 110 square bales into the horse trailer yesterday from a neighbor, to go around the bottom of our house-we are now officially hill billy`s... I had hoped they would get put up today, but dad and Les are hosting a group Christmas party from the city today, taking them sleigh riding and having a bonfire out in the back woods, roasting chestnuts over the open fire, and having hot dogs and hot chocolate!  Trouble is it is -25 and much colder with the wind chill! Sure hope everyone dressed warmly!
Guess my house will have to wait until tommorow!
Also wanted to tell you that my buff orpington`s are finally laying! I am now getting on average 16 eggs per day! Needless to say we have had scrambled eggs several times this week!
Well that about sums up what`s happening around here!
Better go put more wood on the fire! Hope you all are staying warm!
Blessings
Erin

1 comment:

StarfishMom said...

Hey Erin. I ned your email address so I can send you an invite to my private blog! You can either email it to me at hut31999@aol.com OR
you can leave it in a comment box on my public blog. Thanks!! ~StarfishMom
savingstarfish.blogspot.com